is one of the most important settings for a Facebook Ads campaign. The choice of goal affects ad optimization algorithms. Before choosing a goal, you need to think about what results you expect from the campaign. The goal of an ad
is the actions that users will take after viewing the ad. There are 6 campaign objectives on Facebook. The choice of the target affects further optimization.
- Recognition. Showing ads to a large number of users to increase company awareness
- Traffic. Drive the most people to your website, app, Instagram or Facebook directory, increase traffic
- Involvement. Attract users who are highly likely to interact with your campaign online, send a message or follow a link
- Lead generation. Displaying the campaign to users who are interested in your product
- Application promotion. Show ads to mobile users who are interested in installing your app
- Sales. Increase in sales
Depending on the chosen goal, a different set of settings, types of ad delivery optimization and formats will be available in the campaign. Facebook's algorithms will optimize the delivery of ads according to the purpose you select. For campaigns with the “Recognition”
goal, the following options for optimization events are available:
- Coverage. Advertising will be seen by the maximum number of unique users
- Impressions. With this optimization, the system will show ads the maximum number of times. Ads can be shown multiple times to the same people
- Increasing ad recall. With this optimization, the system will be tuned so that as many people as possible remember the ad. This means that the system will look for a balance between reaching the widest possible target audience, taking into account targeting, and increasing ad recall by users.
- Thruplay. Suitable when running ads with videos. The system will be tuned to people who are more likely to watch the video to the end
- Continuous 2-second video views. Suitable for ads with short videos. The system is optimized to get the maximum number of views within the first 2 seconds of watching a video.