In the face of economic hardship, the global app market is showing resilience and strength. In early 2023, mobile consumers spent a record-breaking $33.9 billion in in-app shops. Today, there are over 5.22 billion unique mobile internet users. So, why should we pay attention to in-app traffic in 2023?
In comparison to desktop traffic, the share of mobile traffic has surpassed it, making in-app traffic a profitable and lucrative source. This trend is characterized by loyal moderation, lack of cloaking, and a wide range of formats that are sure to engage the audience.
A surge in paid and free apps has fueled the popularity of mobile advertising. Why has there been such a boom? It's simple:
- $800 billion spent annually on in-app purchases
- Over 7 million apps available globally
- 16.8 billion mobile device registrations worldwide
- 92% of mobile users' time is spent on apps
- Expected 25% increase in mobile traffic by 2025
- 95.43% of mobile search traffic comes from Google
You can get a good start with in-app advertising. Both parties benefit: developers from ad impressions and advertisers from promotion of their product.