E-commerce is a driving force in digital communications. Its industries cover almost everything from marketing services, insurance to capital flows and e-money. For example, the largest e-commerce markets in 2022 are China ($2135 billion), the US ($916 billion) and Japan ($200 billion). What is going on with e-commerce in the world?
- Growth of e-commerce steadily increases globally at 12% per year from 2020;
- Global social commerce sales to reach $2.9 trillion by 2026;
- E-commerce revenue in U.S. & Europe totalled $634 billion by 2022;
- There is solid eCom growth of nearly 30% year-over-year in 2023;
- E-commerce will grow 14.7% through 2027, with revenue of <$27 trillion.
Today, Facebook remains the leader among users worldwide. The social network is used by 48.5% of users who make B2B decisions. Instagram & Tiktok are also among the top ten most popular online sales platforms.